The Resource Militia certificates and lists of claimants, 1781-1789
- Militia certificates and lists of claimants, 1781-1789
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Revolutionary War. Military Service Pay
- This series contains the following records: Certificates, 1781-1782, 1 in.; Lists, 1787-1789, 1 in.; Vouchers, 1784, 2 items
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly, during its May 1781 session, passed an act authorizing the militia when in actual service to receive the same pay as officers and soldiers in the Continental Army. Militia officers sent their payrolls to the auditor of public accounts, who issued printed pay certificates that also were receivable for taxes. During its October 1787 session the General Assembly instructed the auditor of public accounts to stop issuing militia certificates.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 216
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Militia certificates and lists of claimants, 1781-1789
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Militia certificates and lists of claimants, 1781-1789
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CQN9GlzryXo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CQN9GlzryXo/">Militia certificates and lists of claimants, 1781-1789</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...