The Resource 1774-1840
- Inclusive dates
- Isle of Wight County (Va.) -- Church history -- 18th century
- Birth registers -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Baptists -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Minute books
- Membership lists
- Isle of Wight County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Church records -- Virginia | Isle of Wight County
- Mill Swamp Baptist Church (Isle of Wight County, Va.)
- Includes three minute books. The first covers the period from 16 September 1774 to 17 September 1790. Along with minutes, this volume includes a "Register of the Ages of Several Persons Children" on pages 42-49. Birth dates and names of fathers are entered for the period 1746-1790. For a published copy of the register see, Virginia Genealogical Society's QUARTERLY BULLETIN, vol. 5, no. 4 (October 1967): p. 88-90. A typescript of the register appears at the beginning of the volume. Membership lists appear on pages 2-6 and 51-58. This volume is also available on Miscellaneous Reel 472 (Accession 20554)
- The second volume covers the period from 17 June 1791 to 30 August 1811. The records are very unorganized. Many names appear of persons present at or absent from church conferences. Letters of dismissal from other churches for new members at Mill Swamp indicate their former residences. Contribution lists are entered (Accession 24382)
- The third volume covers the period from 4 September 1812 to 25 September 1840. The minutes toward the end of this volume are mutilated, and apparently some records were lost. Membership lists appear on pages 10 (subscribers to the covenant), 15, 155, and 156 (Accession 24381)
- Additional physical form
- available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 472).
- Biographical or historical data
- Constituted in 1774. For more information see, HISTORY OF BURLEIGH BAPTIST CHURCH AND MILL SWAMP BAPTIST CHURCH, 1714-1774-1964, 1974-1984-1994.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Minute books
ContextContext of 1774-1840
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1774-1840
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CSieBJsEVLo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CSieBJsEVLo/">1774-1840</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...