The Resource Salem and New Castle Turnpike Company records, 1841-1852
- Salem and New Castle Turnpike Company records, 1841-1852
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, map (1842), reports, and lists of stockholders, for the years 1841-1844, 1846, 1848-1849, 1852
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed April 6, 1838, approved incorporation of the Salem and New Castle Turnpike Company to construct a road from Salem, in Botetourt County, by New Castle to a point on the Sweet Springs and Price's Mountain Turnpike, at or near the base of Price's Mountain. Joint capital stock was fixed at $10,000. Approval for extension of the road to Lewis Harvey's in Roanoke County was granted February 11, 1839. The company charter was extended March 26, 1872, for fifteen years, for the benefit of William W. Good, late owner of the road, and his successors. A provision regarding the toll gates specified that should the toll gates be open for sixty days, all rights would be revoked.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 378
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Salem and New Castle Turnpike Company records, 1841-1852
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Salem and New Castle Turnpike Company records, 1841-1852
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CUR8gvUEdhU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CUR8gvUEdhU/">Salem and New Castle Turnpike Company records, 1841-1852</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...