The Resource Cedar Creek and Opequon Turnpike Company records, 1851-1858
- Cedar Creek and Opequon Turnpike Company records, 1851-1858
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, lists of stockholders and certificates of stock subsciptions
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved March 24, 1851 incorporated the Cedar Creek and Opequon Turnpike Company to construct a road from Old Forge on Cedar Creek to a point on the Valley Turnpike north of Kernstown in Frederick County, a distance of about 11 miles. James C. Baker was named President. Controversy arose over the fact that the road would parallel the Winchester and Hardy Turnpike, being not more than four miles apart at any point.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 225
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Cedar Creek and Opequon Turnpike Company records, 1851-1858
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Cedar Creek and Opequon Turnpike Company records, 1851-1858
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CsmDy8EuSWQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CsmDy8EuSWQ/">Cedar Creek and Opequon Turnpike Company records, 1851-1858</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...