The Resource Beverly and Fairmont Turnpike Company records, 1848-1898
- Beverly and Fairmont Turnpike Company records, 1848-1898
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, drawings of bridge piers and abutments (1853), field notes (1848), 3 vols., maps (1848-1849, 1898), 6 items, reports, contracts, security bonds, petitions, proposals for construction, accounts, receipts, and returns of tolls
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act to provide for construction of a turnpike road from Beverly in Randolph County to Fairmont in Marion County, by way of Philippi and Pruntytown, was approved by the General Assembly January 14, 1848. The Board of Public Works was directed to arrange for the construction, with the counties charged with paying any land damages submitted. The original limit on cost was $24,000. This was amended February 2, 1850, when $18,000 was authorized for the construction of bridges across Tygart's Valley and West Fork rivers, and $25,800 was authorized to extend the road to Wheeling in Ohio County, bridging Buffalo Creek and Dunkard Creek. Jonathan T. Curry was named superintendent.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 211
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Beverly and Fairmont Turnpike Company records, 1848-1898
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Beverly and Fairmont Turnpike Company records, 1848-1898
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CwEuqOEhK24/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/CwEuqOEhK24/">Beverly and Fairmont Turnpike Company records, 1848-1898</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...