The Resource Nickels and McConnell Ledger and Daybook, 1847-1850
- Nickels and McConnell Ledger and Daybook, 1847-1850
- Inclusive dates
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Scott County
- Barter. -- Virginia | Scott County
- Dry-goods -- Virginia | Scott County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Scott County
- Nickels and McConnell (Scott County, Va.)
- Local government records -- Virginia | Scott County
- Nickels, Walter H, 1811-1867
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Scott County
- Merchants. -- Virginia | Scott County
- Business records -- Virginia | Scott County
- Scott County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- McConnell, George, 1794-1849
- Nickels, William, 1804-1865
- Nickels and McConnell Ledger and Daybook, 1847-1850, consist of a ledger, 1847-1850 and daybook, 1848-1849. The ledger records the accounts of individual customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information found in each entry includes date of transaction, style of transaction, and amount owed or paid. Most transactions contain the generic words "merchandise" or "sundry." The daybook records records transactions as they occurred on a daily basis at a mercantile business in Nickelsville, Virginia. Information found in each entry includes date of transaction, name of customer, items purchased, quantity of items purchased, form of payment, amount owed, and amount paid. Items sold include dry-goods, tools, food, umbrellas, tobacco, coffee, and clothing. A portion of the volume was used as a mathematics textbook
- Biographical or historical data
- Nickels and McConnell was a mercantile partnership that conducted business in Nickelsville, Scott County, Virginia between 1847 and 1849. The partnership was formed by Walter H. Nickels, his brother William Nickels, and George McConnell.
- The volumes were used as exhibits in the chancery cause Walter H. Nickels versus William Nickels, heard in the Circuit Court of Scott County.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Scott County Chancery Cause, Walter H. Nickels versus William Nickels. It can be found in the Chancery Records Index. The index number is 1859-014.
ContextContext of Nickels and McConnell Ledger and Daybook, 1847-1850
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Nickels and McConnell Ledger and Daybook, 1847-1850
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/D2G0tsUdwMU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/D2G0tsUdwMU/">Nickels and McConnell Ledger and Daybook, 1847-1850</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...