The Resource Albemarle County, Virginia, 1784 June 1
- Albemarle County, Virginia, 1784 June 1
- Title remainder
- Albemarle County, Virginia
- Inclusive dates
- 1784 June 1
- Land grant, 1 June 1784, to John Coles for 400 acres in Albemarle County, Virginia. Includes docket and endorsement on verso. This land grant is the grantee's copy of the grant recorded in Grant Book L, page 628. Signed by Governor Benjamin Harrison
- Biographical or historical data
- John Coles was born in Hanover County to John Coles and Mary Winton. He bought 3000 acres in Albemarle County in 1777 and served in the Albemarle County militia during the American Revolution. His wife was Rebecca E. Tucker (1727-1826), who was born in Jamestown. He died in 1808.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Land grant
ContextContext of Albemarle County, Virginia, 1784 June 1
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Albemarle County, Virginia, 1784 June 1
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/D9q1b170Yp0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/D9q1b170Yp0/">Albemarle County, Virginia, 1784 June 1</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...