The Resource 1702-1827
- Inclusive dates
- Records, 1702-1724, containing minutes that cover the period, September 1702-September 1724, and twenty-three principles of conduct and areas of concern (page 1). The minutes reveal the close association with Friends in England. This volume is identified with Isle of Wight and Nansemond Counties because the meetings were held in those counties, most often at Chuckatuck. Sometimes called the Chuckatuck Yearly Meeting. (Accession 26910)
- Records, 1737-1758, containing minutes that cover the period, September 1737-May 1758. There are no entries for the period, 1725-1736. This volume is identified with Isle of Wight and Nansemond Counties because the meetings were held in those counties, most often at Chuckatuck. Sometimes called the Chuckatuck Yearly Meeting. (Accession 24272)
- Miscellaneous records, 1749-1827, including epistles from various yearly meetings to the Virginia Yearly Meeting, letters showing Friends' concern over slavery, financial accounts quoted from Cedar Creek Records, and other items. PHOTOCOPYING RESTRICTED. (Accession 21213)
- Epistles, 1806-1809, 1822, from other yearly meetings to the Virginia Yearly Meeting; from the Virginia Yearly Meeting to the Baltimore, Carolina, Rhode Island, Philadelphia, and London Yearly Meetings; and an epistle from the Yearly Meeting of Women Friends in Virginia to Women Friends in Ohio, 1822. (Accession 26911)
- Book of Discipline, 1801, including a statement of the Friends' view on Christianity (morality), particulars recommended for general use and practice, order of meetings, and rules set forth intended to guide a Friend in all his dealings with his fellow man. PHOTOCOPYING RESTRICTED. (Accession 21210)
- Biographical or historical data
- The Virginia Yearly Meeting was established in 1672 and at various times included thirteen monthly meetings. This meeting was also known as the Chuckatuck Yearly Meeting because it was initially held in Isle of Wight and Nansemond Counties.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of other archival material
- Photocopying restricted.
- Photocopying restricted.
ContextContext of 1702-1827
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1702-1827
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DC4y3O_XSMM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DC4y3O_XSMM/">1702-1827</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...