The Resource 1804-1855
- Inclusive dates
- Public records. -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Dismal Swamp (N.C. and Va.)
- Wills -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Norfolk County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Claims -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Depositions -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Chesapeake (Va.)
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Norfolk County
- Chesapeake (Va.) -- History
- Records, 1804-1855, of Norfolk County Circuit Court consist of wills (1824, 1833, 1855); Commonwealth claims (1804, 1821); and a deposition in a suit heard in the Court of the United States, Fifth Circuit (1810.) The deposition concerns a survey taken in Dismal Swamp
- Wills include Robert Manlove (1824), Joseph Pell (1833), and Henry Selden (1855.)
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Norfolk County was formed in 1691 from Lower Norfolk County. It was probably named by Adam Thoroughgood for his native county in England. Norfolk County became extinct in 1963, when it was consolidated with the city of South Norfolk to form the city of Chesapeake.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1804-1855
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1804-1855
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DCarhSooIH8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DCarhSooIH8/">1804-1855</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...