The Resource Norfolk County (Va.) Deed and Order Books, 1675-1763
- Norfolk County (Va.) Deed and Order Books, 1675-1763
- Inclusive dates
- Deed Books, 1675-1763, of Norfolk County court. The deed books record the name of the grantor and grantee, the residence of both individuals and the description of property being sold or transferred. All the volumes have indexes and is arranged alphabetically from A-Z
- Order Books, 1686-1695 and 1710-1717, of Norfolk County court. The order books records all matters brought before the court when it was in session. It provides a synopses of cases in a neater, more organized form. These volumes are sometimes internally indexed; more rarely, there is a comprehensive index. A wide variety of information is found in this order book including: deeds, chancery causes, judgments, records of legal disputes heard before the county court and road orders. All the order books have indexes
- Biographical or historical data
- Norfolk County was formed from Lower Norfolk County in 1691. Now extinct, Norfolk County was incorporated into the city of Chesapeake in 1963.
- The deed and order books of Norfolk County in this collection were created by the County Court.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Norfolk County Court Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Norfolk County (Va.) Deed and Order Books, 1675-1763
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Norfolk County (Va.) Deed and Order Books, 1675-1763
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DJ6vjLAZ4PQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DJ6vjLAZ4PQ/">Norfolk County (Va.) Deed and Order Books, 1675-1763</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...