The Resource Potomac Turnpike Company records, 1851-1857
- Potomac Turnpike Company records, 1851-1857
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders and certificates of stock subscriptions for the years 1851-1853, 1855-1857
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 4, 1851, approved incorporation of the Potomac Turnpike Company to construct a road from some point at or near Charles S. Taylor's on the Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike in Hampshire County, by way of the mouth of Hopkin's Lick Run, to some point on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, not east of the Morgan line nor west of French's Depot, with the cost not to exceed $400 per mile. Capital stock was set at $4,500, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to $2,700.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 356
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Potomac Turnpike Company records, 1851-1857
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Potomac Turnpike Company records, 1851-1857
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Db22b77L7fU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Db22b77L7fU/">Potomac Turnpike Company records, 1851-1857</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...