The Resource Martinsburg and Winchester Turnpike Company records, 1838-1884
- Martinsburg and Winchester Turnpike Company records, 1838-1884
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1838), 2 vols., map (1850), reports, lists of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions, newspaper clippings, petitions and receipts, from the years 1838, 1849-1855, 1857-1861, 1865-1869, 1871-1874, 1876-1882, 1884
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 24, 1848, revived the act of March 24, 1838, and provided for construction of a macadamized turnpike road from Martinsburg in Berkeley County, to Winchester, in Frederick County. The Company was authorized in January, 1849, to divide the road into two sections, the first, from Martinsburg to Bunker's Hill, or to the Frederick County line, and the second, from that point to Winchester. Capital stock was reduced from $60,000 to $45,000, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to $12,000. The name of the company was changed to the Winchester and Martinsburg Turnpike Company in the session of the General Assembly from 1883-1884.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 322
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Martinsburg and Winchester Turnpike Company records, 1838-1884
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Martinsburg and Winchester Turnpike Company records, 1838-1884
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DiBbwMPJ9dU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DiBbwMPJ9dU/">Martinsburg and Winchester Turnpike Company records, 1838-1884</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...