The Resource Rewards for the arrest of criminals, : certificates, 1859-1860
- Rewards for the arrest of criminals, : certificates, 1859-1860
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Bounties and Rewards
- Two cases are documented: the capture of Edward Hazlet, alias William Harrison, a fugitive from the Harpers Ferry raid, captured in Carlisle, Pa. by M. W. Hauser; and the delivery of the body of Walter S. Land by Thomas Wright, to Baltimore, for a $100 reward paid by the mayor and reimbursed by the auditor, since Land was murdered by Benjamin F. Flanagan
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- Section 13, chapter 45 of the 1849 CODE OF VIRGINIA allowed the payment of rewards for services rendered or expenses incurred in the arrest of criminals. The series consists of certificates authenticating the informer's right to a reward.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 690
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Rewards for the arrest of criminals, : certificates, 1859-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Rewards for the arrest of criminals, : certificates, 1859-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DvB5t8rozRs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DvB5t8rozRs/">Rewards for the arrest of criminals, : certificates, 1859-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...