The Resource Minor-Watson collection, 1768-1829
- Minor-Watson collection, 1768-1829
- Inclusive dates
- Barbour, J. S., (John Strode), 1790-1855
- Minor, Garret, 1744-1799
- Watson, David, 1773-1830
- Personal papers -- Virginia
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826
- Carr, Dabney, 1773-1837
- United States
- Military records
- United States -- History -- War of 1812
- Letters (correspondence)
- Ledgers (account books)
- This collection consists of 1,200 pieces, seven notebooks, two memoranda and a ledger. The earliest letters are addressed to Garret Minor; papers after 1790 belong to David Watson. Among these are military papers of 1812, consisting of regimental orders, morning reports, forage and military returns, and the roster and order books of Captain David Watson's troop of cavalry from Louisa County, 2nd regiment, Virginia militia. There are some miscellaneous memoranda, composed mainly of notes on proceedings of the Virginia General Assembly, 1822-1829, made by Watson. The note books contain notes and decisions of the District Court at Charlottesville, Virginia; notes of lectures on Natural Law by Bishop Madison, President of William and Mary College, in 1769; and "Remarks and Notes in Traveling" made by G.M. Meriwether in 1819. The ledger, evidently belonging to Garret Minor, dates from 1765 to 1792. It contains the accounts of Thomas Jefferson and others. In the correspondence are letters by Thomas Jefferson, Robert Patterson, Dabney Carr, and John S. Barbour
- Biographical or historical data
- Garret Minor was a resident of Louisa County, Virginia.
- David Watson, a graduate from the College of William & Mary, and a resident of Louisa County, was a member of the Virginia General Assembly, 1822 to 1829.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Minor-Watson collection, 1768-1829
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Minor-Watson collection, 1768-1829
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DyVUOj08znA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DyVUOj08znA/">Minor-Watson collection, 1768-1829</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...