The Resource Biennial report of the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries, 1925
- Biennial report of the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries, 1925
- Inclusive dates
- Contains a biennial report of the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries submitted by McDonald Lee, Chairman, to Gov. E. Lee Trinkle for the fiscal years ending June 30, 1924 and 1925. The report provides a financial statement of the department, a statement of receipts and disbursements, lists of game wardens, etc
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries. (Search Virginia Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries was created by an act of the General Assembly passed March 11, 1916. The department was headed by the Commissioner of Fisheries and was charged with enforcing all laws enacted for the protection, propagation, and preservation of wild animals and birds, and fish in all inland waterways, and assisting in enforcing all dog and forestry laws. As part of his duties, the commissioner appointed county and city game wardens, fostered wildlife conservation, promoted educational programs, published and disseminated laws and regulations, served process for legal violations, and printed license forms. Hunting and fishing licenses were to be obtained from the county clerk of the circuit court and the fees collected put into the newly created Game Protection Fund. The monies in this fund were used to pay the salaries and expenses of the commissioner and wardens and for the study, propagation, preservation and restocking of game animals, birds and fish in the Commonwealth.
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 24, 1926 created a Commission of Game and Inland Fisheries. The commission consisted of five members appointed by the governor and the chairman of the commission was to serve as the administrative head of the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries, replacing the Commissioner of Fisheries. The commissioner still appointed game wardens, subject to the approval of the commission. In 1928, the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries was officially renamed the Commission of Game and Inland Fisheries.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Biennial report of the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries, 1925
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Biennial report of the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries, 1925
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DzYJUaAAWUc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/DzYJUaAAWUc/">Biennial report of the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries, 1925</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...