The Resource Alleghany Mountain Turnpike Company records, 1834-1838
- Alleghany Mountain Turnpike Company records, 1834-1838
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1834), 3 vols., reports, proposals for construction, security bond and receipts
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved March 4, 1834 authorized formation of the Alleghany Mountain Turnpike Company to construct a road across the Alleghany Mountains in the counties of Pendleton and Pocahontas. $6,000.00 was appropriated for the road located from Staunton to Parkersburg, from Heavnor's store in Pendleton County to the Greenbrier River in Pocahontas County.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 202
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Alleghany Mountain Turnpike Company records, 1834-1838
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Alleghany Mountain Turnpike Company records, 1834-1838
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ETnluRufQdQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ETnluRufQdQ/">Alleghany Mountain Turnpike Company records, 1834-1838</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...