The Resource Moses Drury Hoge journals, 1842-1862.
- Moses Drury Hoge journals, 1842-1862.
- Inclusive dates
- Hoge family
- Richmond (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Gaines' Mill, Battle of, Va., 1862
- Personal papers
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns
- Presbyterian -- Virginia | Richmond -- History
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Hoge, Moses D., (Moses Drury), 1818-1899
- Journals, 1842-1862, of Moses Drury Hoge. Topics include social life, religion, the weather, sermons, the death of his two daughters and the Battle of Chickahominy (Gaines' Mill). Located on microfilm frames 61-362
- Biographical or historical data
- Moses Drury Hoge was born 17 September 1819 at Hampden Sydney, Virginia, to Elizabeth Rice Lacy and Samuel Davies Hoge. He graduated from Hampden-Sydney College in 1839 and from Union Theological Seminary in 1843. After graduation Hoge became the assistant of William S. Plumer, pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Richmond, Virginia. In 1845 he became the first pastor of the Second Presbyterian Church of Richmond where he served until his death. He married Susan Morton Wood 20 March 1844. Hoge died 6 January 1899.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Moses Drury Hoge journals, 1842-1862.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Moses Drury Hoge journals, 1842-1862.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Eb2K7BvHvIA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Eb2K7BvHvIA/">Moses Drury Hoge journals, 1842-1862.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...