The Resource Revolutionary War loans, : warrants, 1780-1797
- Revolutionary War loans, : warrants, 1780-1797
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Loans - Loans to State Government
- This series contains copies of warrants issued in repayment of loans of commodities or specie to each state. Each warrant contains the date, the amount paid, the name of the recipient, and the reason for the payment. Records cover the following periods: 1780, 1784-1789, 1791, and 1794-1797
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The General Assembly passed an act during its November 1781 session calling for tobacco, hemp, flour, and specie to be loaned the state to operate the government. Individuals loaning commodities or specie to the state were reimbursed with warrants issued in repayment of the loans.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 171
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Revolutionary War loans, : warrants, 1780-1797
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Revolutionary War loans, : warrants, 1780-1797
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Echq_r_uycg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Echq_r_uycg/">Revolutionary War loans, : warrants, 1780-1797</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...