The Resource Scrapbooks of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control, 1934-1998
- Scrapbooks of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control, 1934-1998
- Inclusive dates
- Collection consists of scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings related to the work and people of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control. (Search Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and its administrative arm, the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, were created by an act of the General Assembly passed on March 7, 1934. The act, known as the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, which the department was established to administer, specified the circumstances under which alcoholic beverages could be purchased and consumed. The act has been amended over the years. A major change occurred on February 7, 1968, when the General Assembly approved the sale of mixed drinks on a local option basis. The Board has three members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the General Assembly . It establishes rules and policies governing the Department, which controls through licenses and permits, the manufacture, bottling, selling, advertising, and transporting of alcoholic beverages; operates state stores for the sale of beverages, other than beer, to consumers and licensees. The Commissioner operates out of the Richmond office, with district offices established in Abingdon, Alexandria, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Hampton, Lynchburg, Roanoke, and Staunton.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Scrapbooks of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control, 1934-1998
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Scrapbooks of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control, 1934-1998
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/EmacwfH09zQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/EmacwfH09zQ/">Scrapbooks of the Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control, 1934-1998</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...