The Resource Immanual Baptist Church, Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1903.
- Immanual Baptist Church, Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1903.
- Inclusive dates
- ca. 1903.
- Architecture -- Virginia | Richmond -- 20th century
- Church buildings -- Virginia | Richmond -- Designs and plans
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- Architectural drawings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Dimmock, Marion Johnson, 1824-1908
- Immanuel Baptist Church (Richmond, Va.)
- Churches -- Virginia | Richmond
- These seven blueprints show sections, elevations, and plans for a Romanesque Revival church located at the intersection of Fifth and Leigh Streets in Richmond, Virginia. Marion J. Dimmock typically used this auditorium-style for his ecclesiastical designs. The design features a battlemented tower, an arcaded front entry, corner buttress with obelisk-like tower, and stone belt courses. This building was later used as Leigh Methodist Church, but demolished some time in the latter 20th century
- Biographical or historical data
- Marion Johnson Dimmock was born in Portsmouth, Virginia in 1824 and moved to Richmond in 1833. He served in the Confederate Army, attaining the rank of captain. He became one of the most prolific Virginia architects in the period 1870-1900. Among his more prominent commissions during this period were the Confederate Memorial Chapel (1887), a hotel in Elkton, Virginia (1890), Richmond Chamber of Commerce Building (1891-1892), Mortuary Chapel in Hollywood Cemetery (1897-1898), and an addition to the State Library Building (Dimmock & Lee, 1908).
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Immanual Baptist Church, Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1903.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Immanual Baptist Church, Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1903.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/F0ONb_shSts/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/F0ONb_shSts/">Immanual Baptist Church, Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1903.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...