The Resource 1796 December 2
- 1796 December 2
- Inclusive dates
- 1796 December 2
- Title variation
- Executive Communications
- Contains a letter from Governor Robert Brooke, Richmond, to [John Wise], Speaker of the House of Delegates, enclosing a copy of the rules of the Federal Court and a letter from G[eorge] Morgan, Sole Agent for the Indiana Proprietors, to David Meade Randolph, Marshal of the Virginia District. The rules indicate that a process in Common Law against a state shall be served on the Governor and Attorney General of that State sixty days before the return of the process. Morgan writes that he has appealed to the Supreme Court of the United States in order to obtain justice from injuries done to the proprietors of the Indiana Company by a party in the state of Virginia. He requests the Virginia Legislature to make compensation to the Company payable in installments of 1, 3, 7, or 10 years
- Forms part of the General Assembly, House of Delegates, Speaker, Executive communications collection.
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia General Assembly, House of Delegates, Speaker. (Search Virginia General Assembly House of Delegates as author).
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
- Letters and rules
ContextContext of 1796 December 2
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1796 December 2
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FAmS9ZoeBzY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FAmS9ZoeBzY/">1796 December 2</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...