The Resource 1876-1893.
- Inclusive dates
- Business records
- Printers -- Virginia | Richmond
- Aylett, William R., (William Roane), 1833-1900
- Richmond -- History -- 19th century
- Bookbinders -- Virginia | Richmond
- Johnston, C. F
- Woods, Micajah, 1844-1911
- Flournoy, H. W
- West, Johnston & Company (Richmond, Va.)
- Stuart, Flora Cooke, 1836-1923
- Stationery trade. -- Virginia | Richmond
- Booksellers and bookselling -- Virginia | Richmond
- Bastable, George
- Legal literature -- Publication and distribution -- Virginia | Richmond
- Tredway, William Marshall, 1839-1885
- Letters (correspondence)
- West, Montgomery, 1843-1902
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- French, Samuel Bassett, 1820-1898
- Richmond (Va.) -- Commerce
- Records, 1876-1893, of West, Johnston, & Company, booksellers and printers in Richmond, Virginia. Consists mainly of correspondence from attorneys ordering law books and concerning their accounts. Correspondents include William R. Aylett, George Bastable, H.W. Flournoy, S. Bassett French, Flora Cooke Stuart, William Marshall Tredway, and Micajah Woods
- Biographical or historical data
- West, Johnston & Co. was a Richmond, Virginia, firm of printers, binders and booksellers, specializing in law books and the manufacture of stationery and blank books. The company's business was extensive in Virginia, less so in West Virginia and the South. The heads of the firm were Montgomery West (1843-1902) and C. F. Johnston.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1876-1893.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1876-1893.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FFXUORCJZq0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FFXUORCJZq0/">1876-1893.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...