The Resource Norfolk customhouse, : ledger, 1764-1775
- Norfolk customhouse, : ledger, 1764-1775
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- This volume is part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Office Records: Records of the Solicitor General
- Volume records the dates of payments of the duties on rum and other alcoholic beverages imported through the Norfolk Customhouse before the Revolutionary War. This ledger was apparently used after the war by the commission appointed to settle the claims of British merchants against American citizens. Later notations in the hand of Leighton Wood, solicitor general, indicate the current residence of the person or company that had paid the duties. Volume covers the period from August 20 1764 to September 8 1775
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The position of Solicitor General was created by an act of the General Assembly during its session begun in October 1780. The solicitor settled accounts for debts due the Commonwealth, examined auditor's accounts, and composed lists of taxes raised and the manner of their expenditure. The office was terminated on 25 November 1791 and the Auditor of Public Accounts assumed its duties on 1 January 1792.
ContextContext of Norfolk customhouse, : ledger, 1764-1775
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Norfolk customhouse, : ledger, 1764-1775
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Fjvyd3q5n_g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Fjvyd3q5n_g/">Norfolk customhouse, : ledger, 1764-1775</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...