The Resource 1804-1854
- Inclusive dates
- Baptismal registers -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Church records and registers -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Augusta County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Church records -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Salem Lutheran and Reformed Church (Augusta County, Va.)
- Lutherans -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Register, 1804-1854, containing baptisms, 1804-1854; and numerous lists of communicants and confirmations, 1804-1851, entered alternately in sequence with the baptisms until the end of the volume when the last fifty pages are exclusively lists for the period, 1812-1842. Also includes several administrative items and accounts. The records are in German until ca. 1824, although some English entries appear as early as 1818. With the filmed copy of the register appears a page by page translation, which is a rough copy that does not supply any information as to when or by whom it was made
- Biographical or historical data
- The exact date for the organization of Salem Lutheran and Reformed Church in Augusta County, Virginia has not been determined, but it is believed that the church was in existence for some years when a conveyance of land was made jointly to the Lutheran and Reformed trustees of the church in 1802. It is believed that the congregations separated around 1851. The church is generally identified with Mt. Sidney in Augusta County, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Language note
- In English and German
ContextContext of 1804-1854
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1804-1854
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FlEGpSYCrY8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FlEGpSYCrY8/">1804-1854</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...