The Resource Records of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center, 1964-2006.
- Records of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center, 1964-2006.
- Inclusive dates
- Manuals (instruction materials)
- Reformatories -- Virginia
- Youth -- Services for -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- State government records -- Virginia
- Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center (Rockbridge County, Va.)
- Children -- Services for -- Virginia
- Juvenile delinquency -- Virginia
- Photographs -- Virginia
- Contains brochures, photographs, programs, news clippings, publications, and other sundry items documenting the programs & history of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correction Center in Natural Bridge Station, Va. These files document the Center's Bridge Program which was intended as an alternate placement option for eight students to live in a supervised natural setting as an educational experience. These files also document Camp New Hope, a campsite constructed by the staff & wards of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center in 1972 to provide recreational & educational activities for juvenile offenders throughout the state. Lastly, the files document the Center's Homestead Program which was intended to teach youth independent living skills
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Juvenile Justice. (Search Virginia Dept. of Juvenile Justice as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Natural Bridge Juvenile Justice Correctional Center was established in 1964 on the site of a 1930s Civilian Conservation Corps Camp in the Shenandoah Mountains of Rockbridge County. The Dept. of Welfare & Institutions-Youth Services took over the facility from the U.S. Bureau of Prisons as a "learning center" for juveniles with lesser criminal offenses. The facility operated as a "correctional center" from 1996 until its closing die to budget cuts in 2009.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Records of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center, 1964-2006.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center, 1964-2006.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Fl_g5hDaqP8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Fl_g5hDaqP8/">Records of the Natural Bridge Juvenile Correctional Center, 1964-2006.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...