The Resource 1922-2008
- Inclusive dates
- Equal rights amendments -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Social life and custom
- Equality. -- Virginia -- Women
- Organization records
- Women. -- Social conditions -- Virginia
- Letters (corresondence)
- Virginia -- History -- 20th century
- Clubs -- Virginia
- Business and Professional Women's Clubs (Alexandria, Va.)
- Alexandria (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Virginia
- Alexandria (Va.) -- Societies
- Annual reports
- Women. -- Political activity -- Virginia
- Records, 1922-2008, of the Alexandria Business and Professional Women's Clubs including annual reports, clippings, correspondence, handbooks, membership committee files and directories, minutes, newsletters, photographs, programs, scrapbooks, and yearbooks. Includes copies of the club newsletter, "This 'n That," 1993-2008, "Business Women," 2000-2007, and "Federation Notes," 2001-2008. Included are club handbooks for Officers, Presidents, Committees/Chairs, State officers, and Regional Coordinators. Also includes various programs from meetings and events, 1994-2008, and information on scholarships directed by the organization. Of note is the minute book, 1927-1939, which includes bylaws and constitutions, annual reports, and minutes (use Misc. reel 5110)
- Updated and EAD Guide created
- Photographs were copied from floppy disc and reformatted to JPEG on 24 February 2006. Both original SFW and reformatted JPEG files were saved onto Centera under accession number. Copies of the photographs were produced 27 February 2006 and interfiled with collection. Each file name is written on photograph.
- Backup copy of photographs 2007-2008 on CD-ROM was burned to the server 22 January 2009
- Additional physical form
- also available on microfilm (Misc. reel 5110).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Alexandria Business and Professional Women's Club is part of the state chapter of Virginia Business and Professional Women's Clubs. The Business and Professional Women's Club was established in 1919 and the Alexandria chapter was organized in 1921. The organization's focus is to achieve equality for all women in the workplace.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Alexandria Business and Professional Women's Clubs Records
ContextContext of 1922-2008
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1922-2008
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FntbM5sIQwg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FntbM5sIQwg/">1922-2008</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...