The Resource Leesburg and Aldie Turnpike Company records, 1874
- Leesburg and Aldie Turnpike Company records, 1874
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain a letter sent, with map and proposed rate of toll
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 28, 1861, incorporated the Leesburg and Aldie Turnpike Company to construct a turnpike road from Leesburg in Loudoun County to some point on the Little River Turnpike at or within one mile of the town of Aldie. The Company was to build a firm roadway 14 feet wide, with a graveled or macademized surface, with no more than three toll gates. Loudoun County court was authorized to subscribe. Capital stock was set at $25,000. The county roads between Leesburg and Aldie were surrendered to the company as well as the county bridge over Goose Creek. March 28, 1873, the location of the Goose Creek Bridge was changed and branches of the road were authorized.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 301
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Leesburg and Aldie Turnpike Company records, 1874
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Leesburg and Aldie Turnpike Company records, 1874
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FvjqcU48Cak/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FvjqcU48Cak/">Leesburg and Aldie Turnpike Company records, 1874</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...