The Resource Paper money receipts, 1782-1789
- Paper money receipts, 1782-1789
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Office Records: Treasurer - Receipts
- This series consists of receipts for paper currency turned in to the treasurer. Each receipt contains the date, the amount received, and the name of the person from whom the currency was received
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in November 1781 the General Assembly passed an act to call in paper currency and replace it with loan office specie certificates of equal value. The treasurer received the old currency, issued the owner new loan office certificates, and registered the certificates with the auditor of public accounts. The principal was due on or before December 1790; the interest was paid annually.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 102
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Paper money receipts, 1782-1789
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Paper money receipts, 1782-1789
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FxqjqIpfW5U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/FxqjqIpfW5U/">Paper money receipts, 1782-1789</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...