The Resource 2006
- Inclusive dates
- Compact discs
- Historic buildings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- Furniture. -- Virginia
- Virginia State Capitol (Richmond, Va.)
- Richmond (Va.) -- Capital and capitol
- State government records -- Virginia
- Capitols -- Virginia | Richmond
- Public buildings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Buildings -- Virginia | Richmond -- Repair and construction
- The Historic Furniture Report, Virginia State Capitol, is housed in 1 box and consists of three binders. The report is divided into two parts: House of Delegates (2 binders) and Senate (1 binder). These records include compact discs, photographs, reports and survey forms
- The report includes: Description of Survey Process; an Historic Overview of the Virginia Capitol prepared by Gail Winkler, December 2003; Initial Survey Report; Desks; Benches; Dais; Future Maintenance; and CD's
- The majority of the report consists of a Survey of the Furniture in the House and Senate Chambers, Virginia State Capitol, 15 November 2005, conducted by William Ivey Fine Furniture, Ltd. A survey report was created for each piece of furniture. The survey report includes: accession number, collection, object, dimensions, manufacturer, ate of manufacturer, materials, origin, accessories, labels or inscriptions, photographs and a condition report. The condition report includes: survey date, finish, surface, structure, replacements, additions, and alterations
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia General Assembly. (Search Virginia General Assembly as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Virginia State Capitol Renovation and Extension was approved by the General Assembly in 2003. Outside construction began in April 2004 and inside construction in April 2004. The project is scheduled for completion in December 2006. The Virginia legislature relocated to the newly renovated Old State Library and Archives Building (now the Patrick Henry Building) for the 2006 General Assembly Session.
- As part of the renovation, BCWH, a Richmond based architecture/design firm, was contracted to survey the historic furniture in the Capitol.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
- Historic Furniture Report, Virginia State Capitol
ContextContext of 2006
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 2006
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/G1N1yE9qCu8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/G1N1yE9qCu8/">2006</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...