The Resource Hampshire County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1803-1861.
- Hampshire County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1803-1861.
- Inclusive dates
- Hampshire County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1803-1861. The collection contains six land grants, as follows: to John Soulison, Assignee of Robert French, 1804 Dec. 14; to Samuel Doran, 1861 Mar. 1; to Frederick Riser, 1861 Feb. 1; to Jacob Kitsmiller and Isaac Kitsmiller, 1861 Jan. 1; to Susanna Ruckman, 1822 Nov. 1; and to Gabriel Hays, 1803 June 22
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Hampshire County (West) Virginia, the oldest county in the state of West Virginia, was named for the English shire. Although created by the law in 1754 from sections of Augusta and Frederick Counties, border unrest during the French and Indian War delayed the formal organization of county government until 1757. Part of Augusta and Hardy Counties were added to Hampshire later. Hampshire County was one of the fifty western Virginia counties to form the state of West Virginia in 1863.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Hampshire County Land Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to West Virginia County Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Hampshire County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1803-1861.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hampshire County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1803-1861.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/G7vKSHuWBFE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/G7vKSHuWBFE/">Hampshire County (W. Va.) Land Grants, 1803-1861.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...