The Resource Extracts of advances from books of the Federal Treasury, 1788
- Extracts of advances from books of the Federal Treasury, 1788
- Inclusive dates
- Contains printed extracts of advances from books of the Federal Treasury compiled by Joseph Nourse, Register's Office, Treasury of the United States, on 2 July 1788. The document provides the date of entry, to whom paid, date of payment, amount of partial payment, amount in dollars for old emissions, exc. per cent, & amount in specie dollars. The advances were made to Michael Hillegas as treasurer, John Gibson, Joseph Nourse as pay-master to the boad of war & ordnance, and others for warrants in favor of the delegates of Virginia, recruiting officers, clothing, transporting powder, etc. The printed text includes advances between between 6 June 1776 and 28 September 1782. Nourse includes additional advances by hand in no particular order between 31 December 1777 & 1 September 1787
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The United States Congress declared war against Great Britain on 18 June 1812 in response to British impressment of American seamen, violation of American neutrality, and blockade of American ports. The British responded by blockading the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and raiding coastal settlements. In June 1813 the British attempted to capture Norfolk but were repulsed by militia stationed on Craney Island. Although actual encounters were few, the threat of attack kept militia in the field throughout the war, which ended when the Treaty of Ghent was signed on 24 December 1814.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Extracts of advances from books of the Federal Treasury, 1788
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Extracts of advances from books of the Federal Treasury, 1788
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GA1RX7J_ncQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GA1RX7J_ncQ/">Extracts of advances from books of the Federal Treasury, 1788</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...