The Resource Military pay certificates correspondence and vouchers, 1790-1791
- Military pay certificates correspondence and vouchers, 1790-1791
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Revolutionary War. Military Service Pay
- This series contains correspondence and vouchers relating to military pay certificates, 1790, 1791
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in November 1781 the General Assembly passed an act concerning the pay of Virginia officers and soldiers in the Continental or state army. The auditor issued pay certificates due, with six percent interest, on or before 1 January 1785. The General Assembly passed acts during its next three sessions authorizing the payment of military certificates in tobacco or specie and requiring the auditor to calculate the interest accrued on the certificates, which were made legal tender for the payment of taxes.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 221
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Military pay certificates correspondence and vouchers, 1790-1791
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Military pay certificates correspondence and vouchers, 1790-1791
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GHO_pR7j2eo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GHO_pR7j2eo/">Military pay certificates correspondence and vouchers, 1790-1791</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...