The Resource [Studies of arrangement in proposed Supreme Court offices], ca. 1970.
- [Studies of arrangement in proposed Supreme Court offices], ca. 1970.
- Inclusive dates
- ca. 1970.
- Architecture -- Virginia | Richmond -- 20th century
- Virginia -- Buildings, structrues, etc
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- James Monroe Building (Richmond, Va.)
- Blueline prints -- Virginia | Richmond
- Proposed designs -- Virginia | Richmond
- Public buildings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Ballou & Justice, Architects and Engineers (Richmond, Va.)
- Architectural drawings | Virginia | Richmond
- These four drawings represent a study of the space usage on the floors of a new state office building proposed for use by the Supreme Court of Appeals and State Law Library
- The exact provenance of these records is unclear. It is likely that the firm of Ballou and Justice created these drawings for the Virginia Public Buildings Commission. The commission was studying a plan to move the Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, State Law Library, and Attorney General's office to the upper floors of a proposed state office building along the Richmond-Petersburg Turnpike between 14th and Bank (now Franklin) Streets. The twin office towers connected to the other state office buildings around Capitol Square by a pedestrian bridge over 14th Street and linked to one another by skywalks. The site is currently occupied by the James Monroe Building (1980) which is similar in style to the buildings proposed in these drawings, but is a single tower structure
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Virginia. Governor (1966-1970: Godwin) (LVA Accession 27780).
ContextContext of [Studies of arrangement in proposed Supreme Court offices], ca. 1970.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work [Studies of arrangement in proposed Supreme Court offices], ca. 1970.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GJ60fMgk2wg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GJ60fMgk2wg/">[Studies of arrangement in proposed Supreme Court offices], ca. 1970.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...