The Resource 2005
- Inclusive dates
- Includes registration information, conference program, pamphlet, identification badge, book bag, and two bookmarks
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Library of Virginia. (Search Library of Virginia as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Virginia Library Association is a voluntary association open to any institution, library, or individual interested in the promotion of libraries and library service in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The VLA was first organized in 1905 and held annual meetings in 1912. In 1922 the association, after being dormant for ten years, joined with the Virginia Education Association.
- The re-establishment of the Virginia Library Association as a separate professional organization occured in 1925. The VLA suffered another setback during World War II when it was unable to hold annual meetings because of restrictions on travel. The association was revitalized after the war due to the growth in the number and size of libraries in Virginia. In 1977, after a two year study by the Ad Hoc Development Committee, the VLA was reorganized in an effort to broaden the opportunities for members to participate in leadership roles and to be more responsive to the diverse needs of the expanding membership.
- A detailed history of the association, "Milestones in the Evolution of VLA," was written by Henry James, Jr. in celebration of the Virginia Library Association's 75th anniversary and was published in the 1980 annual conference program. Complete descriptions of the organizational structure of the VLA and the duties of elected and appointed officer holders are found in the association's by-laws and manual.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
- Virginia Library Association conference materials
ContextContext of 2005
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 2005
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GMKKYNm1G0Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GMKKYNm1G0Y/">2005</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...