The Resource General return of clothiers and quarter master's stores, 1783-1784
- General return of clothiers and quarter master's stores, 1783-1784
- Inclusive dates
- Contains a general return of clothiers and quarter master's stores received, issued, sold, lost, and remaining on hand commencing 10 July 1783 and ending 1 July 1784. the return provide the voucher number, date issued or sold, by whose order, to whom issued or sold, type of store, and quantity
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Revolutionary Government. (Search Virginia Revolutionary Government as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The office of quartermaster general was created by an ordinance of the fourth revolutionary convention passed during its session begun on December 1, 1775. In October 1782 the quartermaster general assumed the duties of the commercial agent, whose office was abolished by the General Assembly. Although quartermasters continued to be appointed to supply the militia, the revolutionary office ceased to function soon after the Treaty of Paris was signed on September 3, 1783, ending hostilities.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of General return of clothiers and quarter master's stores, 1783-1784
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work General return of clothiers and quarter master's stores, 1783-1784
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GTCYsuUG9A4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GTCYsuUG9A4/">General return of clothiers and quarter master's stores, 1783-1784</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...