The Resource 1765-1861
- Inclusive dates
- Fairfax County (Va.)
- Guardian and ward. -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Fairfax County (Va.) -- History
- Decisions. -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Public records -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Confiscations -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Inventories -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Records, 1765-1861, of Fairfax County consist of court papers related to judgments (1765, 1797), guardian's account of the heirs of John and Margaret Gretter (1806), and two inventories of property confiscated by the county that belonged to individuals who joined the Union army (1861.)
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Fairfax County was formed in 1742 from Prince William County.
- Original wills and deeds as well as many other loose papers were destroyed during the Civil War; deed books for twenty-six of the fifty-six years between 1763 and 1819 are missing. Numerous pre–Civil War minute books are missing as well.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Fairfax County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Fairfax County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of 1765-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1765-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GUACFzmH4J8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GUACFzmH4J8/">1765-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...