The Resource Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, 2005-2006
- Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, 2005-2006
- Inclusive dates
- Title variation
- Governor Mark R. Warner Administration Web Archive
- In the fall of 2005, the Library of Virginia was one of several cultural heritage institutions that participated in a pilot project with the Internet Archive to develop and refine a tool to collect, preserve, and provide access to Web sites that meet institutional collection policies and are considered to be of enduring value. This tool is called Archive-It
- Spurred on by our mission to preserve and make accessible in perpetuity the Web heritage of each Virginia governor, the Library as part of its pilot project archived the Web-based materials for the administration of Governor Mark R. Warner. The Library also expanded its collection parameters for the project to include the campaign Web sites related to Virginia's state-wide elections taking place in the fall of 2005. This included the sites of the candidates for Governor, Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General, as well as related political party sites and several political blogs. Additional collections highlighting two state-wide projects, the Jamestown 2007 observance and the renovation of Capitol Square in Richmond, are also available
- Beginning on 20 September 2005, the Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry's Web site was captured weekly during the last four months of Governor Warner's Administration
- Services provides links to agriculture and forestry
- Initiatives/Projects provides links to Agricultural Projects, Forestry Summit and Virginia Works
- Agricultural Agencies provices a link to state agencies under the Secretariat and a list of frequently asked questions
- About the Secretary provides links to biographical information on Robert S. Bloxom, and a list of staff members and contact information
- Biographical or historical data
- Governor Mark Warner created the position of the Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry in 2004 to provide cabinet level status for the agriculture and forrestry industry. The Secretary is responsible for the Virginia Department of Forestry, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the Virginia Agricultural Council, and the Virginia Marine Products Board. All of these agencies had previously reported to the Secretary of Commerce and Trade.
- On 16 December 2004, Governor Warner appointed former Delegate Robert S. Bloxom (R-Accomack) to serve as the first Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry. Bloxom served in the House of Delegates from 1978 until his retirement in 2003. On 29 December 2005, Governor-elect Timothy Kaine reappoint Bloxom as Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, 2005-2006
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, 2005-2006
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GUGGfTxjukk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GUGGfTxjukk/">Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry, 2005-2006</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...