The Resource Peter Penet, : records, 1781-1782
- Peter Penet, : records, 1781-1782
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Office Records: Records of the Solicitor General
- This series contains letters to and from Penet regarding his activities as agent, copies of bills of lading and exchange, and correspondence concerning his dismissal and the collection of the debt due the state
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- Peter Penet served as agent for Virginia in France during the revolutionary war. He was dismissed when a bill of exchange for ten thousand livres was returned for nonpayment. Because the state already had paid this bill the matter was turned over to the solicitor general for settlement and collection.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 20
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Peter Penet, : records, 1781-1782
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Peter Penet, : records, 1781-1782
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GfsIejN8bfU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GfsIejN8bfU/">Peter Penet, : records, 1781-1782</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...