The Resource Gooney Manor Turnpike Company records, 1852-1860
- Gooney Manor Turnpike Company records, 1852-1860
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, list of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions, covering the period 1852, 1854-1856, 1860
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed May 24, 1852, authorized formation of the Gooney Manor Turnpike Company as a corporation, to construct a road from Brown's or Updike's Mill at the western terminus of the Gravelly Springs Turnpike, to Front Royal, or to some convenient place on the Luray and Front Royal Turnpike. Capital stock was set at $6,000, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to 3/5 or $3,600.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 268
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Gooney Manor Turnpike Company records, 1852-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Gooney Manor Turnpike Company records, 1852-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GpuHTsK4gh4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/GpuHTsK4gh4/">Gooney Manor Turnpike Company records, 1852-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...