The Resource Daybook, 1890-1892
- Daybook, 1890-1892
- Inclusive dates
- Washington County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Business records -- Virginia | Washington County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Washington County
- Agriculture. -- Economic aspects -- Virginia | Washington County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Scott County
- Dry-goods -- Virginia | Washington County
- Agriculture, Cooperative. -- Virginia | Washington County
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Washington County
- Farmers and Labor Union Exchange (Washington County, Va.)
- Daybook, 1890-1892, records transactions of the Farmers and Labor Union Exchange as they occurred on a daily basis. Information found in each entry includes name of customer, items purchased, quantity of items purchased, and amount owed for each item. Items sold include soda, tobacco, dry-goods, food, horse collars, candy, and spices
- Daybook records additional information such the expenses paid by the exchange after it began business; names of stockholders, amount of stock each owned, and date they purchased stock; amount of money paid to stockholders, name of stockholder, and date money was paid; by-laws stating the rules and organizational structure of the exchange; a resolution passed by the New Hope Farmers' Alliance calling for the creation of the Farmers and Labor Union Exchange; and the amount of daily cash sales of the exchange from March 16, 1891 to June 18, 1892
- Biographical or historical data
- Farmers and Labor Union Exchange conducted business during the late nineteenth century in Mendota, Washington County, Virginia. It was formed in August 1890, by the New Hope Farmers' Alliance and its subordinate alliances for the purpose of selling goods produced by members of the alliances.
- Farmers and Labor Union Exchange Daybook, 1890-1892, was used as evidence in the chancery cause, Mendota Exchange versus William Childs, etc., heard in the Circuit Court of Scott County.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Scott County Chancery Cause, Mendota Exchange versus William Childs, etc. It can be found in the Chancery Records Index at the Library of Virginia web site. The index number is 1899-045.
ContextContext of Daybook, 1890-1892
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Daybook, 1890-1892
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HVAZaRIssr4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HVAZaRIssr4/">Daybook, 1890-1892</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...