The Resource Criminal charges, : records, 1784-1905
- Criminal charges, : records, 1784-1905
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Criminal and Civil Prosecutions
- This series contains the following records: Guards for Prisoners, Expenses, 1796-1799, 1849-1851, 1 ft. 8 in.; Jurors and Witnesses, Certificates, Receipts and Vouchers: State and Local Courts, 1784-1786, 1800, 1804-1807, 1811-1813, 1815-1818, 1861-1862, 1868 (5 ft. 5 in.), Localities A-Y, 1823-1864, 1874-1876, 1879-1833 (19 ft. 4 in.); Ledgers, 1884-1928, 10 vols.; Officers of Courts, Expenses, 1822, 1830-1831, 1833, 1849, 1856, 1858-1863, 1865, 1874, 1876-1880, 1882, 1884-1885, 1903-1905, 5 in.; Transportation Expenses, 1809, 1813, 1852-1853, 1856-1858, 1861-1863, 2 ft. 1 in
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- On 3 January 1788 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the reimbursement by the state of expenses incurred by individuals in the apprehension, trial, and punishment of criminals. Clerks of state and local courts forwarded the names of jurors, witnesses and other claimants with accounts of their expenses to the auditor for certification and payment. The state also paid local officials and private citizens for questioning, guarding, feeding, and transporting prisoners to the local jail or the state penitentiary.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 715
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Criminal charges, : records, 1784-1905
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Criminal charges, : records, 1784-1905
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HVgmG3CuQyA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HVgmG3CuQyA/">Criminal charges, : records, 1784-1905</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...