The Resource Accomack county : surveyed and drawn under the direction of John Wood. 1820
- Accomack county : surveyed and drawn under the direction of John Wood. 1820
- Title remainder
- surveyed and drawn under the direction of John Wood. 1820
- John Wood was contracted with by Governor Wilson C. Nicholas in 1816 to carry out surveys of Virginia's counties and to prepare from these surveys a map of the state. The maps, "designed for the use of the Executive," were directed to be deposited in the office of the secretary of the board of public works, to "be at all times open to the access of the Executive, or of any member of the General Assembly." (29 Va. Acts 1816-1817) When Wood died in 1822, Herman Böye completed the project, which resulted in the state map published in 1827. It was corrected by Lewis von Buchholtz in the edition of 1859
- One in the series of county maps preliminary to Böye's nine-sheet map of Virginia, published in 1827
- Relief shown pictorially
- Pen and ink, watercolor
- Shows water systems, island, roads (indicated by red lines), bridges, mills, smith shops, towns, meeting houses, certain public buildings, British fort on Tangier Island, and some houses and owners
- Additional information: survey of stage road from the Northampton line to Accomack Court House at Drummond Town, and survey of Accomack County, with courses, distances in poles, and observations
- Scale 1:39,600. 200 poles to 1 in.
- 242.4 x 214.2 cm.
- 1 map
- In 12 pieces; two sections, ca. 40 x 56 cm, mounted together on each piece of linen board.
- Also negative photostatic copy, in 24 parts, actual size.
- Other physical details
- ms. col., dissected in 12 pieces and mounted on linen
- Physical medium
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of Accomack county : surveyed and drawn under the direction of John Wood. 1820
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Accomack county : surveyed and drawn under the direction of John Wood. 1820
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HWDBF45OqlE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HWDBF45OqlE/">Accomack county : surveyed and drawn under the direction of John Wood. 1820</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...