The Resource Vaccine Agent vouchers for payment, 1860-1864
- Vaccine Agent vouchers for payment, 1860-1864
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Officers of State Government - Agents. Vaccine Agent
- The vouchers include the names of persons to whom money was owed, the amounts, and the dates the vouchers were submitted
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- As early as 1814 the General Assembly authorized the governor to appoint an agent to distribute smallpox vaccine. The position of vaccine agent was funded annually. The vouchers in this series were created in accordance with provisions in the 1860 CODE OF VIRGINIA that again authorized the governor to appoint vaccine agents. The Richmond agent was paid $500 semiannually. A vaccine agency was established in Lewisburg, Virginia, and the agent was paid $300.
- The agent who submitted these vouchers was A.E. Peticolas, who later became a doctor and professor of anatomy at the Medical College of Virginia.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 269
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts
ContextContext of Vaccine Agent vouchers for payment, 1860-1864
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Vaccine Agent vouchers for payment, 1860-1864
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HoCfTrSaf1s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HoCfTrSaf1s/">Vaccine Agent vouchers for payment, 1860-1864</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...