The Resource Resolution of the House of Delegates, undated
- Resolution of the House of Delegates, undated
- Inclusive dates
- Dabney, Charles, ca. 1744-1829
- Resolutions. -- Virginia
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Equipment and supplies
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Armistead, William
- Virginia State Legion
- State government records -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Politics and government
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Claims
- Contains a resolution of the House of Delegates that proper persons be applied by the Executive to settle the accounts of William Armistead with the Commonwealth. Also includes proceedings regarding two warrants for the services of two deceased soldiers who served in Col. Dabney's Legion in 1782 & 1783
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia General Assembly House of Delegates. (Search Virginia General Assembly House of Delegates as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The office of the state agent and commissary of stores was created by an ordinance passed by the third revolutionary convention on August 21, 1775. In 1777 the office was divided, and different persons were appointed state agent and commissary of stores. William Armistead, who served as commissary of stores until the office was discontinued in February 1782, was responsible for the storage and distribution of supplies acquired by the state agent's office for the troops in the Illinois country, Pennsylvania, and in Virginia. After February 1782, the commissary's functions were assumed first by the commercial agent, then by the quartermaster general in October 1782.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Resolution of the House of Delegates, undated
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Resolution of the House of Delegates, undated
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Hq172ZOZoCQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Hq172ZOZoCQ/">Resolution of the House of Delegates, undated</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...