The Resource Bonds, 1805-1848
- Bonds, 1805-1848
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals - Local Government Expenses. Escheators and Notaries Public
- Each bond contains the signatures of the claimant and securities, the date, and the amount of the bond. Years covered: 1805, 1813, 1815, 1818-1835, 1844-1845, 1848
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in October 1785 the General Assembly passed an act establishing the office of escheator. One escheator was commissioned in each county by the governor on recommendation of the county court. Before taking office the escheator was bonded for the faithful performance of his duties. On 27 December 1792 the General Assembly passed an act requiring bonds of notaries public who were appointed by the governor.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 723
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Bonds, 1805-1848
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bonds, 1805-1848
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HvebbLWEWnU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/HvebbLWEWnU/">Bonds, 1805-1848</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...