The Resource 1861-1865
- Inclusive dates
- Lane, Alexander G., (Alexander Gordon)
- Surgeons -- Confederate States of America
- Bills of health
- Chimborazo Hospital (Richmond, Va.)
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Richmond
- Letters (correspondence)
- Winder General Hospital (Richmond, Va.)
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Confederate States of America -- Surgeons
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Hospitals -- Confederate States of America
- Records, 1861-1865, of military hospitals of the Confederate States of America consisting of correspondence, letters of recommendation, and agreements pertaining to personnel and discharge papers, reports, physical exam requests, and medical certificates related to patients at various Confederate hospitals. The bulk of the records concerns Winder Hospital but there are also items pertaining to Chimborazo Hospital, a hospital for slaves "engaged in work on Richmond's defense," Refuge Hill Hospital, Robertson Hospital, and Williamsburg Seminary Hospital. For letters pertaining to Winder Hospital, the principal correspondent is surgeon Alexander G. Lane
- Biographical or historical data
- Winder Hospital was organized in April 1862 in Richmond's western outskirts on 125 acres of what is now the area east of Byrd Park. Alexander G. Lane served as surgeon in charge of the hospital from its inception to the close of the war.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1861-1865
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1861-1865
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IDx0nyaCQvU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IDx0nyaCQvU/">1861-1865</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...