The Resource Newark Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855, 1857
- Newark Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855, 1857
- Inclusive dates
- 1851-1855, 1857
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders, and certificates of stock subscriptions
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 28, 1851 approved incorporation of the Newark Turnpike Company to construct a road from the Wirt County Courthouse, through the town of Newark, to intersect the Parkersburg and Staunton road at or near the mouth of Hughes' River. Joint capital stock was limited to $6,000, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to $3,600. Cost was not to exceed $400 per mile. An increase of $2,500 was granted March 31, 1860, in order to extend the road from its present terminus, near the mouth of Hughes' River in Wirt County, to the Northwestern Virginia Railroad at or near Thompson Devaughn's storehouse, in Wood County.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 344
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Newark Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855, 1857
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Newark Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855, 1857
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IFE73xnmT2k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IFE73xnmT2k/">Newark Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855, 1857</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...