The Resource Letter of Leighton Wood, Jr., 1784 Mar. 9
- Letter of Leighton Wood, Jr., 1784 Mar. 9
- Inclusive dates
- 1784 Mar. 9
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Finance, commerce, confiscations, etc
- Revenue -- Virginia -- 18th century
- Virginia -- Appropriations and expenditures -- 18th century
- Saint Eustatius (Netherlands Antilles) -- History
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Bills of exchange -- Virginia
- Armistead, William
- State government records -- Virginia
- Letters (correspondence)
- Ball, John
- Contains a letter of [Leighton Wood, Jr.], Richmond, Solicitor's Office, to Governor Benjamin Harrison regarding a bill of exchange drawn by William Armistead, State Agent, on John Ball, agent for the state in St. Eustatia (Eustatius)
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts. (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The position of solicitor general was created by an act passed by the General Assembly during its session begun in October 1780. The solicitor settled accounts for all debts due the commonwealth, examined the auditor's accounts, and composed lists of taxes raised and the manner of their expenditure. He was authorized to sue for the recovery of delinquent taxes. On 25 November 1791 the General Assembly passed an act terminating the office; the auditor of public accounts assumed its duties on 1 January 1792.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Letter of Leighton Wood, Jr., 1784 Mar. 9
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Letter of Leighton Wood, Jr., 1784 Mar. 9
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IHPMs0DkACg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IHPMs0DkACg/">Letter of Leighton Wood, Jr., 1784 Mar. 9</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...