The Resource Wythe Turnpike Company records, 1854-1859
- Wythe Turnpike Company records, 1854-1859
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, and certificates of stock subscriptions for 1854-1856, 1859
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly, passed March 12, 1853, approved incorporation of the Wythe Turnpike Company to construct a turnpike road from a point on the Mechanicsburg and Wythe Turnpike, passing the first depot on the Virginia and Tennessee Railroad east of Wytheville, to the lead mine in Wythe County. Joint capital stock was fixed at $10,000, with the Board of Public Works authorized to invest $3 for every two dollars subscribed by private investors. On February 16, 1854, the General Assembly legalized the subscriptions of Wythe County for 2/5 of the capital stock.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 434
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Wythe Turnpike Company records, 1854-1859
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wythe Turnpike Company records, 1854-1859
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IJBWN5nT4YA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IJBWN5nT4YA/">Wythe Turnpike Company records, 1854-1859</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...