The Resource Pension journals, 1906-1928
- Pension journals, 1906-1928
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Civil War. Pensions
- Volume contains names and residences of pensioners and amounts paid. Prior to 1 May 1906 pension payments were recorded in the auditor's receipts and disbursements journals (entry 48). No records are included for 1910-1916 or 1920-1926
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Civil War. Pensions.
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- After the end of Reconstruction the General Assembly began to financially assist Virginia Confederate Civil War veterans and their families. An act passed on 5 March 1888 provided pensions for soldiers disabled during the war and for widows whose husbands had died during or after the war from wounds. An act passed on 2 April 1902 included widows whose husbands had died from diseases contracted during the war. The auditor of public accounts maintained registers of pensioners and kept accounts of pension payments.
- On 1 March 1928 the Office of the Comptroller in the Department of Accounts assumed the functions of the auditor with regard to pensions.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 192
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Pension journals, 1906-1928
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Pension journals, 1906-1928
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IJghPng3fxM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IJghPng3fxM/">Pension journals, 1906-1928</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...